DK Publishing (Dorling Kindersley), 10/20/2020. Item #26179
A comprehensive guide covering everything from growing in containers to planting a garden from scratch
- Fully illustrated with detailed step-by-steps and inspirational gardening ideas
- Detailed beginner's guide to garden design, including step-by-step instructions for simple hard landscaping such as building a raised bed, creating a pond or laying a patio
- Covers all aspects of planting styles, including "recipes" to make the most of different types of plants
- Easy-to-follow guides on how to water, feed, prune and propagate your garden
- Advice on problem-solving and controlling weeds and pests
- A chapter full of Plant Chooser galleries to help you grow the right plant in the right place at the right time
Learn how to plan, sow, plant and protect your garden throughout the year with expert tips and techniques that will see your garden flourishing. Discover how to design with plants by using color and texture to create inspirational displays, and keep them at their best with jargon-free guides to pruning and preventing pests and diseases.
Undertake a new endeavor of DIY landscaping projects, which include laying your own patio or lawn, or building a raised bed ready for you to grow your own fruit and vegetables. Choose from a catalog of hundreds of different ornamental plants to find varieties that will thrive in your garden's climate and provide seasonal interest throughout the year.
The Complete Gardener's Guide is the perfect all-round practical reference book for gardening beginners, also for those looking for a step up from a beginners' gardening book..