McGraw-Hill, 2020. Item #25930 Master the practice of designing structures with cross-laminated timber.
This comprehensive guide explains the design standards, safety protocols, and codes and regulations engineers need to know to use cross-laminated timber as a structural building material. Featuring contributions from experts in the field, Cross-Laminated Timber Design: Structural Properties, Standards, and Safety introduces the material properties of CLT and goes on to cover the recommended lateral and vertical design techniques. You will get clear explanations of all relevant NDS, ASCE 7, and IBC provisions along with real-world examples and case studies. Sustainability and environmental issues are discussed in full detail.
• Product standards for cross-laminated timber
• Structural design—gravity
• Structural design—lateral
• Structural connections
• Building envelope design with cross-laminated timber
• Acoustics for CLT projects
• Fire for CLT projects
• Environmental aspects of CLT as a construction material
• Sustainability of cross-laminated timber
Master the practice of designing structures with cross-laminated timber.