Title: Building Codes Illustrated (IBC) 6th Edition 2018
A Guide to Understanding the 2018 International Building Code (IBC)
From the Publisher;
An easy-to-use, illustrated guide to the 2015 edition of the International Building Code
As the U.S. building industry adapts the international standards, architects and other building professionals need a clear, practical guide to the International Building Code. Marrying the graphic skills of bestselling author Frank Ching with the code expertise of Steven Winkel, FAIA, this invaluable reference provides an easy-to-understand interpretation in both words and illustrations of the portions of the building code that are most relevant for the architect. Clear, precise interpretation of the fundamentals helps ensure that projects are up to code and free of costly mistakes.Highlighting major changes between the new code and previous model building codes, this book will help architects understand how this code change will affect their practice.
- Provides a visually-oriented guide to the 2018 International Building Code
- Uses illustrations and concise explanations to hone the building codes down to the fundamentals that most designers need
- Includes reviews by the International Code Council (ICC) and follows the ICC's 2018 International Building Code
- Drawings by Frank D.K. Ching (Seattle, WA), Professor Emeritus of Architecture at the University of Washington, is world-renowned for his numerous architecture and design books, including Architecture: Form, Space, and Order; A Global History of Architecture; Interior Design Illustrated; Building Codes Illustrated; and Building Construction Illustrated, all from Wiley
- Commentary written by nationally-recognized building codes expert Steven Winkel, the Architect member of the California Building Standards Commission, a past national board member of The American Institute of Architects(AIA), and past president of the AIA California Council
- Winkel is also co-author of Building Codes Illustrated for Elementary and Secondary Schools, Building Codes Illustrated for Healthcare Facilities, and Residential Building Codes Illustrated
Praise for the 2009 edition: "Building Codes Illustrated" is an accessible and trusted interpretive guide to the 2009 International Building Code(R) for architects, builders, engineers, and interior designers. In a visual format created expressly for design-minded readers, this handy reference helps professionals understand how the code can be applied to a building." --Concrete International
Francis D.K. Ching is a registered architect and Professor Emeritus at the University of Washington. He is the author or coauthor of numerous architecture and design books, including A Global History of Architecture; Architectural Graphics; Building Construction Illustrated; Architecture: Form, Space, and Order; A Visual Dictionary of Architecture; and Design Drawing, all published by Wiley.
Steven R Winkel, FAIA, an expert in building codes and regulations, is an architect managing the San Francisco office of The Preview Group. Winkel is the architect member of the California Building Standards Commission, a past national board member of The American Institute of Architects (AIA), and past president of the AIA California Council.
435 pages, paperback. John Wiley & Sons, (March 2018)
Author: Francis Ching & Steven R. Winkel
Publisher: John Wiley & Sons
Our Price: $65.00
add to your cart