Title: 2015 International Building Code Softcover (IBC 15)
From the ICC:
New in the 2015 IBC®
- An automatic sprinkler system is required within a building when the roof is used for A-2 assembly occupancy with an occupant load exceeding 100 or for other assembly uses exceeding 300.
- Carbon monoxide alarm provisions have been relocated, reformatted and revised.
- More detailed scoping requirements for recreational facilities are included within the new Section 1110.
- A modification allows egress through an elevator lobby when access to at least one exit is available without passing through the lobby.
- Group E occupancies and emergency responder facilities located in ‘tornado alley’ are required to have storm shelters. Storm shelters provided for other occupancies and in other areas of the country are voluntary. However, all storm shelter must comply with ICC 500.
- A definition for Cross-Laminated Timber (CLT) was added to Chapter 2, and the ANSI/APA PRG 320-2011 product manufacturing standard is referenced in Chapter 23 and added to Chapter 35.
- New code sections were added covering rooftop mounted photovoltaic solar panels.
- “Vegetative roof” is defined in Section 202 to be consistent with the definition in the IgCC™ and ASTM D1079. A reference to ASTM E 2397 was added for determining soil loads on vegetative roofs.
- Chapter 34 on existing buildings has been deleted and a reference to the IEBC replaces the chapter. All provisions previously in Chapter 34 may be found in the IEBC.
Publisher: International Code Council
Our Price: $135.00
add to your cart