Title: ICC A117.1-2009 Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities
From the Publisher;
The specifications in this standard make sites, facilities, buildings and elements accessible to and usable by people with such physical disabilities as the inability to walk, difficulty walking, reliance on walking aids, blindness and visual impairment, deafness and hearing impairment, in coordination, reaching and manipulation disabilities, lack of stamina, difficulty interpreting and reacting to sensory information, and extremes of physical size. The intent of this standard is to allow a person with physical disability to independently get to, enter, and use a site, facility, building, or element.
- Coordination of requirements for the various types of dwelling units
- Technical requirements for Type C (Visitable) Units added
- Variable Message Signs (i.e., gate information in train stations and airports)
- Better consistency of sign requirements regarding when raised characters and Braille are required
- Location of toilet paper dispenser (more design options, recessed fixtures addressed, single point of measurement, etc.)
- New chapter for a variety of types of recreational facilities
- These new recreational criteria are intended to provide a level of coordination between the accessible provisions of this standard and the revised
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA/ABA AG).
This is a must have reference for facility professionals, building owners, architects, designers, and code officials that want to stay up to date with the requirements of this Accessibility Standard.
136 pages, paperback. International Code Council, (February 2011)
Author: ICC & ANSI
Publisher: International Code Council
Our Price: $43.95
add to your cart
|Customers who bought this item also bought: