Title: Encyclopedia of Planting Combinations
Fully Revised & Expanded Edition
From the Publisher;
A comprehensive and practical guide -- essential.
Even the experienced gardener can be stumped when considering which plants to put where. Confidence in working with plant combinations can mean the difference between a mediocre garden and one that sings. The Encyclopedia of Planting Combinations is the perfect tool to help gardeners create a stunning garden. Rich with inspiration and practical advice, the expanded and updated edition includes:
- An 18-page analysis on combining plants according to location, soil, climate and seasons
- An 18-page analysis of planting styles, with instructions on how to re-create many of the combinations shown in the book -- perennials, meadow planting, matrix planting, grasses and more
- 12 pages on the leading innovators in combination planting, including Piet Oudolf, Penelope Hobhouse and Beth Chatto
- An additional 300 color photographs
- Garden designers' signature combinations -- and why they work
- An updated easy-to-use layout that features more prominent at-a-glance symbols and spotlights plant characteristics and cultivation requirements.
This comprehensive directory and cultivation guide provides 4,000 combinations for beautiful and successful plantings, with entries fully cross-referenced. With authoritative and imaginative text, superb photographs and thousands of planting combinations, the Encyclopedia of Planting Combinations is ideal for gardeners at all experience levels.
464 pages, hardcover. Firefly Books; Revised and updated edition (April 10, 2008)
Author: Tony Lord
Publisher: Firefly Books
Landscape Garden Types/Design,
Landscape Basic Gardening,
Our Price: $59.95
add to your cart