Title: Understanding & Using Today's Construction Contract Documents for Contractors & CD-ROM, 3rd Edition
Includes a CD with all the forms (in Adobe PDF and RTF) for your use!
From the Publisher:
Contractors specialize in complicated, large projects where an architect has compiled the documents are more or less used to working under standard forms issued by the American Institute of Architects. However, a large part of construction in the United States and Canada today is small, simple projects where no architect is involved and where the contractor prepares the documents. While AIA's standard forms are reviewed here, the primary purpose of this text is to explain the intent and use of standard forms available to every licensed contractor in the State of California. This Book includes approximately 48 forms and contracts that a California Contractor or homebuilder might use:
Print blank forms on your PC to fill out by hand, or fill out and print forms on your computer.
Based on the most recent changes to California Construction Law, the best construction attorneys in the state have updated our forms. The 2006 changes were significant, and they affected some of the most widely-used forms in our industry (home improvement, service and repair, subcontracts). With Version 3 of our popular forms CD-ROM and the accompanying manual, you'll automatically comply!
The Version 3 CD-ROM brings you these agreements in both PDF and RTF (Rich Text File) formats... on one disc.
PDF forms require the FREE Adobe Reader (6.0 or higher) available online from www.adobe.com. To save PDF forms, you'll need either the paid Adobe Acrobat product, or an add-in to Adobe Reader like CutePDF Form Filler (www.cutepdf.com). RTF forms require only an RTF-compatible word processing program such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Works, WordPerfect, AmiPro, etc. Works with Windows 98, 95, NT, and 2000 XP or Macintosh computer.
The CD-ROM contains the following California Legal Construction Forms... essential documents to conducting your contracting business:
- 201 - Bid proposal. Identifies the work to be done, the bid amount, the payment terms and client acceptance.
- 202 - Prime Building Contract. Agreement between general contractor and owner.
- 203 - Home Improvement Contract. This is an agreement between the contractor and the home owner or tenant for repairing, remodeling and/or adding to a residential property. Includes the text of notice to cancellation and the text of notice to owner.
- 204C - Additional Description.
- 203A - Notice of cancellation (7 days).
- 203B - Home Improvement Checklist. Home improvement contractors must provide this notice to help homeowners evaluate contracts/contractors.
- 203C - Home Improvement General Liability Insurance Information. Contractor's must provide this notice and disclose whether or not they carry commercial general liability insurance.
- 203H - Service & Repair Contract. (for work under $750)
- 203S - Swimming Pool Construction Contact. Swimming pool construction agreement between contractor and homeowner. (The separate Swimming Pool Construction Contract Specifications form is required with this contract.)
- 203SC - Swimming Pool Contract Specification. Required by swimming pool construction contract.
- 203SC1 - Swimming Pool Construction Checklist. Home improvement contractors building swimming pools must provide buyers with this notice.
- 204 - Subcontractor Agreement. Prime building and subcontractor, or sub and sub. (Favors the subcontractor.)
- 205 - CA'S Mechanic's Lien. When this form is recorded, places a lien on buyer's property for nonpayment.
- 206 - Contract Change Order. For the general or subcontractor.
- 207 - Conditional Waiver & Release Upon Progress Payment.
- 207A - Unconditional Waiver & Release Upon Progress Payment.
- 208 - Conditional Waiver & Release Upon Final Payment. 208A - Unconditional Waiver & Release Upon Final Payment.
- 209 - CA 20-Day Preliminary Notice. File this form to protect your future right to a mechanic's lien in the event of nonpayment.
- 209A - CA 20-Day Preliminary Notice (Private Works).
- 209B - CA 20-Day Preliminary Notice (Public Works).
- 209C - Attachment "A" to the CA 20-Day Preliminary Notice (for use with Public or Private versions).
- 210 - CA Mechanic's Lien Release. Releases lien after claimant has been paid.
- 211 - Stop Notice. Legal notice to withhold funds on private/public work.
- 212 - Notice of Nonresponsibility. For work performed on leased or rented property. This notice protects the property owner from liens resulting from default.
- 213 - Notice of Completion. Formally establishes that all work has been completed to the contractee's satisfaction.
- 214 - Notice to Owner Regarding Mechanic's Lien Law (Warning). Informs the client of your right to place a lien on their property in event of nonpayment.
- 215 - Extra work Order. Identify additional work needed to complete terms of original project.
- 216 - Contractor's Job Invoice. Summary of job costs for final payment.
- 217 - Notice of right to cancel. Informs the client of their right to cancel or rescind within 3 days and sets conditions.
- 218 - Proposal & Contract. This bid proposal, once accepted by the client, becomes a binding contract without the need for a separate document.
- 219 - Waiver of right to cancel. Waives buyer's right to cancel in 3 days. Required before emergency repairs.
- 222 - Notice of Cessation.
- 223 - Daily Work Report. Summary of work activities and related details.
- 224 - Notice to Resume Performance.
- 242 - Notice to Demand to Correct Work.
- 243 - 48-Hours Notice to Commence Performance.
- 229 - Builder's/Contractor's Declaration to Procure Payment.
- 232 - Labor Release.
- 235 - Safety Meeting Log Report.
- 236 - Memorandum.
- 244 - Transmittal. Identifies transmittal parties, projects, project location, and purpose of transmittal. Also provides area for remarks.
To use California Construction Forms And Contracts on CD-ROM, you will need additional software. Depending on the software you have installed, you will have different capabilities. Both PDF and RTF formats are included on the disc... you decide which to use!
If you have FREE Adobe Reader only: You will be able to view, complete and print the forms. You will not be able to save the completed forms. The FREE Adobe Reader is available from www.adobe.com. You will not be able to insert your company logo or other graphics.
FREE Adobe Reader plus CutePDF Form Filler: You will be able to view, complete and print the forms. You will also be able to save completed forms, and save a partially completed form (with your company information) as a template. You will not be able to insert your company logo or other graphics. (CutePDF Form Filler works within current versions of the FREE Adobe Reader; make sure you have the most recent version available. CutePDF Form Filler is available from www.cutepdf.com.)
Full Adobe Acrobat (Standard or Professional): You will be able to view, complete and print the forms. You will also be able to save completed forms, and save a partially completed form (with your company information) as a template. You will also be able to create your own PDF files from most Windows applications, by "Printing" to PDF. You will not be able to insert your company logo or other graphics. (Adobe Acrobat is available for purchase from most software retailers, or directly from www.adobe.com.)
RTF (Rich Text File) FORMAT: Using an RTF-compatible word processor, you will be able to view, complete and print the forms. You will also be able to save completed forms, and save a partially completed form (with your company information) as a template. You will also be able to insert your company logo and other graphics. Using the capabilities of your word processor, you will also be able to make further modifications to the forms, to fit your needs.
Published/Edition: 2006. ISBN/Book 1889892564
Author: Hans W. Meier, AIA, FCSI
Publisher: Builder's Book, Inc.
Law (Const & Design),
Running Your Office,
Our Price: $139.95
add to your cart
|Customers who bought this item also bought: