From the Publisher;
Filled with step-by-step instructions and detailed illustrations, Welding, Second Edition provides an easy-to-follow introduction to oxyacetylene welding and cutting, soldering, and basic metal properties. You'll learn how to set up your workshop, properly use welding equipment, design projects, work safely, and get professional results--even if you have no experience. With coverage of the latest tools, materials, and techniques, this fully updated, hands-on guide serves as an ideal beginner's tutorial as well as an on-the-job reference for experienced welders.
Find out how to:
- Work with oxyacetylene welding fuels, equipment, and supplies
- Review other welding methods, including arc, tungsten inert gas, and gas metal arc welding
- Understand the properties and weldability of various metals Use the latest soldering tools and techniques
- Master brazing, braze welding, cutting metal, and welding thicker metals
- Follow welding safety procedures and troubleshoot problems
- Test your knowledge with end-of-chapter review questions
- Design and set up your own home workshop
- Build metal projects, including a gate, fireplace grate, and workbench
About the Authors;
Don Geary is the author of more than 25 how-to books on a variety of shop and construction skills. He has written numerous articles that have appeared in Popular Science, Popular Mechanics, Family Handyman, and other publications.
Rex Miller is Professor Emeritus of Industrial Technology at State University of New York—College at Buffalo, where he taught technical curriculums for more than 40 years. He has authored or coauthored more than 100 books for vocational and industrial arts programs, including Welding Licensing Exam Study Guide (McGraw-Hill).
352 pages, paperback. McGraw-Hill Professional (March 28, 2011)
Author: Don Geary, Rex Miller
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Book Co.
Our Price: $39.00
add to your cart
|Customers who bought this item also bought: